This FAQ is designed to be helpful in raising awareness about Skillendar and its features. It may not include solutions for the issues you experience due to incompatible browsers, operating systems, firewall etc. If you cannot find the answer to any of your questions, please contact us and one of our support staff will get back to you within the next 48 hours.
We recommend that you follow us on facebook / twitter or subscribe to our blog to get the latest on our new features and solutions to any known issues quickly and easily.
- What is Skillendar?
- Is Skillendar free to use?
- Can I use Skillendar without creating an account?
- Can anyone share time or provide services?
- I am a volunteer. Is Skillendar any use to me?
- What is the minimum age limit to use Skillendar?
- Is it true that I can get local help free of charge?
- What are skillendar credits?
- How can I collect more skillendar credits?
- How can I search for general help than a specific skill?
- What is a community wall?
- Who are 'providers'? What does 'Provider status' mean?
- Why should I get connected to more people in my neighbourhood?
- What should I do before sending a booking request?
- Can I cancel my booking at anytime I want?
- How can I manage my time and bookings?
- What is Skillendar? back to top
Skillendar is a neighbourhood network for you to connect with and reach out to your local community. Like Facebook is a network for friends and LinkedIn is a network for professionals, Skillendar is a network for neighbourhoods. Also Skillendar has a unique calendar based skill search that helps you find the availability of people in your neighbourhood who are open to share their time or provide a service, at a glance. Hence the name Skillendar, short for 'Skills On Calendar'.
- Is Skillendar free to use? back to top
Yes, Skillendar is absolutely free to use.
- Can I use Skillendar without creating an account? back to top
No, you cannot use Skillendar without first registering with us.
- Can anyone share time or provide services? back to top
Yes, anyone who has registered with Skillendar can share time or provide any service through Skillendar. However please make sure that the 'Provider Status' has been switched on.
- I am a volunteer. Is Skillendar any use to me? back to top
Absolutely; volunteers can reach more charities and community events through Skillendar. You can combine voluntary and paid work in one single profile and manage your time and bookings through the same account as well.
- What is the minimum age limit to use Skillendar? back to top
Currently there are no age limits for Skillendar members. However, if you are a minor, we would recommend that you get an approval from your parents or guardians before registering with Skillendar regardless of whether you are a volunteer or someone who wants to make some pocket money during evenings and weekends.
- Is it true that I can get local help free of charge? back to top
Skillendar helps its members to reach out to their local community for help. There are a lot of open minded people who would share their time or provide a service free of charge. However, please verify the payment terms on the provider's profile before sending any booking request.
- What are skillendar credits? back to top
Skillendar credits are reward points that are awarded automatically every time you show your support to Skillendar by inviting your friends and family, writing a review etc. Click here to know more.
- How can I collect more skillendar credits? back to top
As Skillendar credits are awarded automatically, the only way you can collect more credits is by inviting as many friends and family as possible to join Skillendar via email and social media. Also remember to ask them to register via the link on the invite otherwise you will not receive any credits for the corresponding registrations.
- How can I search for general help than a specific skill? back to top
If you want to see the availability of people in your neighbourhood who are happy to help you with anything i.e. open to share their time, please type ‘Time’ in the search box rather than a specific skill.
- What is a community wall? back to top
Community wall is the area on your dashboard where you can see all the messages posted by people with whom you are connected to. Remember to set your email preferences under ‘Notifications & Reminders’ to get notified whenever there is a new post on the community wall. Please note that the community wall will share and display messages in your community regardless of your privacy settings.
- Who are 'providers'? What does 'Provider status' mean? back to top
Providers are members in your neighbourhood who are open to share their time or provide any service. Provider status is the setting that controls the mode of a member profile. I.e. Provider status can be used to let Skillendar know that whether you want to share your time or provide any services or you want to remain as a normal member. This status, along with the privacy settings lets Skillendar decide whether to show a particular profile in a skill search result or not.
- Why should I get connected to more people in my neighbourhood? back to top
If you are a provider,’ who you know’ and the’ number of people you know’ are two of the most important factors that the customer will consider before sending a booking request. I.e. if you and the customer are directly connected or you both have mutual connections, the chance of the customer choosing you against other people who are not in the customer’s network, is very high.
On the other hand, if you are a customer this will help you reach the right provider because many members will only share their time or provide service to the people who are in their network or community.
After all; exploring your neighbourhood and getting connected to more people is what the community is all about.
- What should I do before sending a booking request? back to top
Before sending a booking request, remember to read reviews about the providers and check their ratings. Looking at the number of connections and checking whether the provider knows someone in your network i.e. mutual connections also will give you a good idea about the credibility of the provider. You can always post a message about a provider on the community wall and receive feedback on their previous work.
If you have a specific question to ask before the booking you could do so via the message option or the Skype link (if the provider is online) on the provider’s profile. You could also book an initial discussion/interview with the provider via Skillendar.
- Can I cancel my booking at anytime I want? back to top
Customers and providers have the right to cancel the booking at any time before the commencement of the work. If the customer has already made the payment via Skillendar, the full amount will be reimbursed within the next 48 hours.
- How can I manage my time and bookings? back to top
You have the choice of managing your time via a basic and generic availability settings or a more advanced calendar where you could turn your availability on or off for a specific date. By selecting the right options you can leave Skillendar to manage your availability automatically as well.
Bookings management couldn’t be easier with Skillendar. All members (customers and providers) have the access to a fully-fledged bookings management module which is packed with options and filters to make your life easier. Along with the dashboard summary and reminders Skillendar makes this a no brainer and guarantees that you will never miss an appointment or a job.
You can also create and manage custom jobs in the bookings module to keep track of any external jobs and tasks.